- 4 key members of the Black Pepper Software Team have decided to take on a challenge and cycle 1,000 miles in just 10 days!
- The ride starts on 23rd April and will take them from little Leamington Spa itself down to the South of the UK and over into France where the team will cycle the length of the country to reach their final destination- Nice!
- The 4 keen cyclists are training hard to ensure they complete this 1,000 mile trip in just 10 days! That is the cycling equivalent of running a Marathon a day for 10 days!
- The good news is it is all being done for a great cause. Every pound donated will go to charity.
- All sponsorship monies received will be donated to two charities: a local charity (The Shakespeare Hospice) and a national charity (Spinal Research).
- Donations can be made via the just-giving website: www.justgiving.com/teams/RunToTheSun2014
- The teams’ progress can be tracked online at: www.blackpepper.co.uk/runtothesun2014
- The four cyclists involved are all members of the Black Pepper Software Cycling Team- John Proudlock, Ian Robinson, Dan Hall and Mark Hobson.
- The cycling team formed over 2 years ago as a bit of fun calling themselves the Black Pepper MAMILs (middle aged men in Lycra!). However, after a bit of training, the team have progressed to do well at a range of local and then national cycling events and hence this year they have decided to set their own challenge!
- As a sign of their support Black Pepper Software have agreed to be the team’s key sponsor providing not only training kit but also a large donation to the charities mentioned.
“Everyone on the team's really excited but also nervous about cycling to Nice – we're not really sure how hard it will be. To prepare, we're all battling through a training regime that will get us in shape but is also mind numbingly dull and utterly exhausting!
I think the icing on the cake for us all will be raising enough money to make a really healthy donation to two fantastic charities.’’ – John Proudlock, Project Manager at Black Pepper Software
“I am delighted to see members of our team taking on an exciting challenge whilst raising money for an excellent cause. The training for this event is not only helping them to achieve their peak fitness but it is also highlights how we as a company are passionate about recruiting individuals who are motivated and passionate about making a difference. We will be supporting them all the way” – John Cooke, MD for Black Pepper Software
Notes to editors
- Black Pepper Software are experts in bespoke software and consultancy. For further information on Black Pepper feel free to call us for a chat: 01926 806 490 or see our website: www.blackpepper.co.uk
- The Shakespeare Hospice provides care and support free to families in South Warwickshire and the North Cotswolds. Over the last 15 years they have helped more than 3,500 people with more than 33,000 nursing sessions, including 19,000 in patients’ own homes via the Hospice at Home team. From supporting less than 100 people in the first year of opening they have grown and developed, currently supporting over 800 local people each year.
- Spinal Research is the UK’s leading and most influential spinal cord repair charity. Investing more than £1 million each year Spinal Research set the standard for spinal cord research across the world and are at the forefront of developing strategies of repair.