- Black Pepper Software have this week addressed students at Aston University with an enlightening lecture on Distributed Systems in the Real World.
- Students studying BSc Computing Science at Aston University attended the lecture which was led by John Cooke (MD for Black Pepper Software) and took place on Monday afternoon.
- The lecture covered details and examples of three of the Distributed Systems that Black Pepper Software has developed and also explained the detail of why Distributed Systems are suited to specific projects.
- Making the time to present to the University students was just another step in furthering the strong, two-way relationship Black Pepper Software have with Aston University.
- Black Pepper Software believe in working closely with local education institutions and have formed a strong relationship with the Aston University Team over the past year. This lecture was just another example of the first class information sharing between the two organisations.
- Black Pepper Software also participate in the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) scheme with Aston University.
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) is a UK-wide programme enabling businesses to improve their competitiveness, productivity and performance.
- KTP enables new capability to be embedded into the business and has benefited and continues to benefit a wide range of businesses across many sectors. The knowledge sought is embedded into the business from the knowledge base through a project, or projects, undertaken by a recently qualified person (known as the Associate), and recruited to specifically work on that project.
- The Black Pepper Software & Aston University KTP has been focused on developing advanced data analytics for Companion (Black Pepper’s Mobile Event App).
- "It has been great working with the University and their students and staff. Mutually beneficial information sharing that supports both corporate and personal development is something we wholeheartedly support as an organisation. We look forward to working with the University on more projects over the coming months" - John Cooke, MD for Black Pepper Software.
- Aston University has thoroughly enjoyed working with the Black Pepper Software and were delighted to welcome John Cooke on site for his engaging and informative lecture.
Notes to editors
- Black Pepper is a UK company focused on Agile software design and consultancy. A dedicated team passionate about delivering the best solutions on time and within budget
- Website: www.blackpepper.co.uk
- Contact us today to find out more about our industry leading products and services: 01926 886467
- A Distributed System is a software system in which components (located on networked computers) communicate and coordinate their actions by passing messages. The components interact with each other in order to achieve a common goal.
- The KTP scheme encourages a win-win relationship/partnership between a business and an academic institution (such as university, further education college or research and technology organisation). The goal is for the business to access the skills and expertise of the student/ academic institution whilst the student/individual gets hands on experience of both a working environment and a team of experts in a given field.